My Thanksgiving Plate


As we sat around the table this year, we wrote messages of thanksgiving and shared with the family what we were thankful for in the moment. Thanksgiving is a time to pause and reflect on everything we are thankful for, but in all honesty it's something we should be doing daily. The other night, Addison and I were praying and thanking Jesus for the "little things" in our lives. 
...toilet paper, light bulbs, windows that lock, gas for our cars, grocery bags, light switches to help us see, doctors that take care of our broken bones, adorable pink Christmas trees, cameras to capture moments, sisters that drive us crazy and bug us all day long, diapers that prevent messes, fun zebra sheets, clothes that fit us and keep us warm, soap to clean us, plates to eat off of, food in our kitchen, shoes that fit and keep our toes dry, family that loves us to the end of the earth, daddy that works endless hours to provide all that we have at home, health, our church, and funny singing shows that make us laugh...
These were just a few that we thanked Jesus for the other night. Every day we use and share many things that are never given thanks for...when we should be thanking Jesus all day long for making it happen. 
Thinking about what I should write on my table top thankfulness list, the gift of purpose, drive, and goal setting came to mind first. I am deeply thankful for My Love that provides and dedicates himself to his faith purpose in his life and carving the way to make it happen. Yes, it causes late hours, requires lots of energy, and sometimes takes him out of town, but he is doing what God designed him to be and do. Without My Love's vision so much of what we are and have would not be. I'm so thankful for goals and how much of the purpose is planted within reach and out of reach to keep us focused and driven. A goal keeps us straight and allows us to work on what's needed to achieve big and small attainable goals. And with that comes the gift and ability to run which has become a huge goal-purpose driven part of my life. I'm very thankful that my body has relatively been healthy enough to cover miles of roads within the county for a cause close to my heart. 
I'm so thankful for health and the education of caring doctors at many levels in my life. From broken bones to colds to allergies or unknowns. I'm so glad I'm not the one giving my kids shots or resetting bones when needed. And even though cancer causes anxiety in my life I'm incredibly thankful that those fighting are doing it with smiles and inspiring attitudes. 
I am forever thankful for the gift and blessing of adoption that it has threaded itself within every fiber of our family. God had adopted me into His family and I pray for our extended family that they too can join the Body of Christ. It is a gift to be part of His family and to have the protection of the Holy Spirit cover our home. 
We all have things we're thankful for and the list should never stop...
My heart is full and my list is long...
Thank you Jesus for giving me life, allowing me to share my faith, and for breathing life into the next minute, the next moment of this beautiful life. 

No comments