The Ugly Race to my Second State

{ We all looked like a sea of "Where's Waldo" with our hats on. }

This morning myself and over 2500 runners and walkers in fashionable Christmas sweaters, vests, random rubber ducky knitted sweaters, men in Christmas nighties, and the appearance of the Easter Bunny and Teddy Bear (I'm talking about the full head to toe suit!!!) ran the 5k Ugly Sweater Race in Portland just for fun. That's right...just for fun. No chip time, start clocks or pressure to beat the last race time. We had some tensile ball casualties and garland mishaps along the route but, all smiles and jingle bells otherwise. But, this race had more importance to me as it was my second state race in my journey to completing 50 races in 50 states by the age of 50!!!  The girls were my cheerleaders and enjoyed all the bright colors, dance quality music, snow machines, and hot chocolate. And, of course I had to show cause with my clothes-pinned pink ribbons for My Hero along with the Mini Me's in their race day T's too. 

{ My Cheer Team }

{ It was more like a soap machine then cold snow: Second State Race }

{ My Hero posed with me by some of the tacky decorations including the 50 foot Santa, blow up reindeer at mile 1, hot chocolate pit stop at mile 1.5, and big green trees all over. }

{ candy cane finish line }
Myriam thoroughly enjoyed the Christmas music that was blaring over the loud speakers. We had our own little dance party as the sugar from her hot chocolate kicked in and got her moving! Thank you Auntie for cheering with the girls while I ran. 

{ "Cheese" in front of the present tree }

Well, ugly sweater, it was fun but I'm happy to return the sweater to it's proud owner. Until, next time Santa...








No comments