Signs of ThankFULLness

Last year I made a "Gratitude Calendar" in hopes of our kids gaining a better understanding of what "Thankfulness" looks like to them and those around us. We made cookies for firefighters, sent letters to our doctors, cards to family members, and gave gifts, toys, and clothes to those that need them more then us. The kids stood by the mail box waiting to hand a letter to our mail lady, we spoke kind words to those close to us, and did special things around the house to show what we are all thankful for within our home.  Recently, the kids blessed the church with sweet treats from the bakery to let them know they love and appreciate them.
This year, we are doing the same thing and today My Love and I were at the receiving end of the gift of thankfulness. God gave Tim and I, a special little lady that we will forever be thankful for...
Addison Jean. 


From exclamations of love stuck to our wall, signs making us feel special and even cleaning our room and making the bed!!!...Addi knew exactly how to win us over once again. God is doing an amazing work within her heart creating a gift of compassion that fills a dark room. From cards, to prayers, neighborhood food drives and her continuing giving of love...Addison understands gratitude. 

{ Our Gratitude Calendar }

{ Taped hearts to our walls }

As a parent, you pray the words read in the Bible would 'click' and take root in our children's hearts. Today, I found myself thanking God for the little things that Addison has done for us that mean more then words could capture on paper. Addi is, and has been, a huge help to me at home and loves her siblings beyond miles can see. She adores them even in the button pushing moments. I pray that God continues to nurture this gifting within her heart and gives Addison a passion to serve to her divine design capacity. It excites me to think of the possibilities God has for her and yet I want to pause, freeze time and ponder her every move, smile, tear, and bottle up the hugs and smooches she shares with me everyday. 
Today I am thankful for the love notes, hearts, and compassion Addison gave to her Mommy and Daddy that make our hearts extremely FULL!!! Proud parent moment...

No comments