A Happy Dozen


Twelve years ago, Tim and I were two giddy, young kids who were ready to say, "I DO!" and start a life together. 
We had a memorable Hawaiian BBQ rehearsal dinner the night prior with our wedding party and close friends and family. The favors were stamped (I still have some flower seeds if anyone wants to try a package), the bows tied, dresses made, and hair appointments set as the team at East Side hair, where I started my hair career, were ready to beautify all those in the wedding. Our ceremony couldn't have been more musical as my great uncle walked me down with his trumpet, Tim singing to me at the end of the isle and having Becky on piano, Doug's talented exchange student on violin and Dad himself on the saxophone as they played the Lord's Prayer. Harry Connick Jr. danced us out of the church and on our way to the reception we left. The rain held off until our guests were heading to the reception as the sun was setting. Everything about our wedding was perfect!
Our honeymoon was beyond romantic as we stayed our first two nights in Paris and then rented a car and took to the road exploring quaint villages, wine cellars, and stunning castles. We left France with amazing memories and motivation to start life as one. I even talked us out of a ticket coming back from Italy through the 7 mile tunnel under Mt. Blanc as I blurted out, "WE"RE ON OUR HONEYMOON!" The cop seemed to understand that amount of English! 
Three weeks later we gutted our kitchen and remodeled…AND SURVIVED! Our little life in the "yellow house" was entertaining as the fair grounds provided many loud nights, lots of traffic and interesting events. We brought Addison home to our first home and to this day I miss the adorable nursery Tim made for her there. Our lemon kitchen was by far the LARGEST kitchen I've had with 48 drawers and cupboards total. Every kitchen since has shrunk in size dramatically!

After, job changes, salon purchases, and having our first child, we sold and moved to the "blue house" where we rented for two years. It was smaller in size, but it worked and we enjoyed it there. I would say the two things we miss most about our second home would be the metal roof in rain storms and having a garage where I could park and shut the door behind me. After being presented an amazing opportunity from our friends, we moved when I was a few months pregnant with Charlie. 
Our marriage has been stretched, twisted and strengthened here at the "red house." God knew we needed our oasis at the Dead End street to make "us" work. The house has it's issues, but God has blessed our family with protection, friendships, security, and roots. We've been honored to expand our family here with welcoming Myriam into our home and those that have graced us with their presence through our revolving door. The remodel will never stop as Tim and I are both visionaries. There will always be projects, guests, tests and also rewards. The "red house" symbolizes sacrifice, hard work, stability, and hope as we live out God's blessings here in our home. 
Over the years, Tim and I have matured, grown in our faith and have had goals change due to the convictions within. Our marriage today is nothing like it was twelve years ago and I'm so incredibly thankful for the remodeled marriage. My heart skips a beat when I see My Love and hear his truck pull into the driveway. Life with My Love is full of surprises, sharp turns, perfection in projects, spontaneous trips and stability as he leads our family forward. 
We together will continue to grow and learn about "us" but will do it walking with love, compassion, humility and grace. I love who we are, what we've become and I'm ready for the next twelve years and more with My Love.


Sealed with a kiss…we're in this together. 
Happy Anniversary Love!

No comments