A Day of No Dishes

Saturday morning I was told to relax, drink a few cups of coffee and be ready by 11am. So, I did just that! Addison and Charlie had sleepovers Friday night so the house was quite calm and snugly with the little one having mommy all to herself. When I asked what I needed for the special date, all I was told was to bring money. With wallet in tow, Addison directed me where to drive in town to our first of many stops on her special mom's date she planned out for the two of us. Our first stop was lunch at Dutch Mother's because, "You're dutch and my mother!" 
Addison and I had a fabulous time playing menu games and chatting about life. I love how we are able to learn more about each other, build stronger bonds and expand our trust so we can be the friends we are, but also the parent I need to be to my beautiful oldest child. 
Next stop was Cheek's as I was given a gift card the day before from our friends Melissa & Michaela! (thank you!) With Addison's help I had a new dress to wear for Mother's Day. 
And of course being so close to other stores and having time before our next appointment, Addison instructed me to shop at the furniture store and antique store. We just window shopped but fun we had!


 Addison made it very clear we needed to be at Mane Style's at 1:30pm. We had a little under an hour so we stopped at Little Red Wagon and Starbucks for some liquid goodness. 
Next and final stop was getting manicures! What fun that was as Addi and I went girly together at the salon. She even used her gift certificate to help pay which I adore about this gal as she's a team player and understands the beauty behind the art of giving. I felt so incredibly blessed and loved by my daughter! 
When you wear many hats during the week, things can get complicated. Addison understands the importance behind my teacher hat, mommy hat, cleaning hat, and being Jesus to others hat. She sees the value behind blessing others to make them feel special and important. I love watching Addison grow into a Godly women, but I wish I could freeze time as the "tween" stage is nearing and attitudes may change. My prayer for Addi is that she would allow God to encompass everything she is and what she's going to be as she matures and grows into a beautiful child of God. I pray her sweetness never leaves and her compassion for others grows stronger. I pray for her future; the decisions she makes now as they reflect her tomorrows. I pray for her heart and mind to stay innocent and pure. 
I'm so overwhelmed with love for our Addi Jean. Thank you for our date!

 { All prettied up on our date! }

Here are a few pictures from Mother's Day! A day where I refuse to wash dishes and do laundry. A day to remember all the many sacrifices my mom makes for her children and how in that one act alone, has reflected in my parenting.  We were able to BBQ for my mom Saturday night and spend some time with my parents as we had plans for Sunday. Thank you Mom for the love you never stop showing to me, your family, and anyone you meet. Thank you for being the supporter, the encourager, the catcher, and awesome Nana to our kids! We love you so much!


 After playing with Charlie for awhile now, I'm proud to say I can actually make a hoop again! It's been awhile since my rock star days in middle school, but my son thinks I'm pretty cool so, WIN WIN!
Tim and Missy (his little sister) planned a surprise visit to Judy, who was 3 hours away at friends, as they walked through the door and made her day with grandkids in tow. The weather was gorgeous as we crossed over on the ferry and came home over the bridge. Heather and Allen were wonderful hosts as they opened their home to kids and extras, fed us, and allowed Myriam to toddler proof their kid-free home. The dogs were well-fed with plenty of vegetables and had days of exercise with games of fetch. Judy was overjoyed spending the afternoon with her son and daughter and we are happy to have made her day. It wasn't until we were almost home that I asked if Tim and Missy got a picture with their mother!!!  And no, they didn't!!! Next year…

Now it's Monday morning…the dishes that were stocked piled from yesterday are in the dishwasher, the laundry has been started, and kids fed. School will begin shortly and the vacuum will make an appearance as well sometime today. Back to routines again as it's Mom's Day every day here with the Broersma Five. 

Happy Mother's Day Mom's!

1 comment

  1. I also enjoyed spending the afternoon with my daughter in law :) What a surprise to see our family friend Cliff holding Myriam. Thank you for the wonderful gift..the best gift of all, Family!

    ReplyDelete