Our Puppy Child

Oh goodness. 
"Have a dog," they say.
"They're so fun," I was told.
"They're so easy," said no puppy dog owner ever.
Millie is now three months old, still not potty trained and has the energy of a sugar-crazed toddler 
on caffeine pills. 
There are moments during the day that this 2.5lb black, curly haired child will race down the hallway, perform laps under and around my bed, come back sprinting crazy 8's under our couch and then set on repeat until she finds a toe or sock to viciously attack. 
I've spent money I hate to admit to on this four-legged adorable "non family member" to provide pens to play in, pads to pee on and bones to chew all in attempts to train our puppy child. 
I've lost sleep when she had shots, spent too much time concerned over her reaction and allowed her to kiss me when I absolutely hate dog kisses. 
I've even caught myself retrieving the baby talk when she's bundled up tight in my arms thinking she's some human child that deserves such attention. 
What is happening to me...
The joy Millie brings to our kids...priceless. Well, clearly not free but worth it. 
Addison has held her weight caring for her puppy and has done a great job training Millie. Although not perfect, she's improving. As for the real baby of the family, she has no pads to pee on but that training continues as well. There is no shortage of hands to hold, toys to toss or attention given to our puppy child. With her get-up taking over our living room it's hard not too. 
But, it's also hard to resist such a cute face. 
The puppy project continues...

{ Cute she may be. She pooped here right after. }

No comments