Sweet Smudges

No one told me to buy stock in Spray 'N' Wash or Oxy Clean before having children. 
With three Ladies and a Man Cub, I go through quite a bit of stain remover. I've tried many different kinds and sometimes revert to Dawn dish soap in my last attempts to salvage a shirt or pair of shorts. When all measures have been taken to bring an article of clothing back to life, with no victory of being clean, I'm not slow to find the trash can or donate pile. Yes, I donate stain clothing to Goodwill because every Mama needs a play clothes drawer. 
Our Littles have the uncanny ability to destroy anything fresh from the clean laundry pile in seconds once their bare feet hit the outside ground. Turns out the Little Ladies are more attracted to messes than the Man Cub. Becoming dirt fairies seems to be a favorite as they toss dirt in the air and watch it blow away, usually towards themselves first. Food never makes it in the mouth first - arms, legs, hair or face are the first point of contact when quieting ones hungry tummy. 
Make up has been of high interest and, even with child locks on bathroom drawers, some said Ladies can find it and create havoc to the always newly purchased lotion or eye shadow. I finally caved and thought buying play make-up brushes and cheap make-up would cure the need to use my own. I learned that the eye shadow and lipstick work great but I forgot to mention it only goes on the eyelids and lips. Although, when using Nana's twenty four hour lasting lipstick, Myriam always manages to apply it perfectly making her child-like lips appear grown up for days. 
 The reality is this:
Regardless of the mud smeared doors and windows, stained clothing and constant messes I clean up, these sweet faces can plant a messy smudge on Mama's cheeks any day. I've learned to let go of keeping things perfect because in the end, I'm just as much of a hot mess as my Little Ladies. 
Keep the dirt blowing...

 { Use a straw? That's too easy. }

 { Here a dirt, there a dirt, in and up the nose some dirt. }

 { Create - Happi - Mess. }

 { Sweet & Smudges. Keeps the body strong. }

{ Future make-up artists. }

No comments