TO-DO List Satisfaction

Last week Thursday, Tim and I dropped off Addison and Charlie at Papa & Nana's for a week boat trip in the San Juan Islands with Auntie Traci and cousin Talan. The kids were very excited even though the leaving part was a little challenging for Chuckles. Lately, anytime I leave him he gets clingy, teary-eyed and throws quite a show for those around at that time. Thankfully, a minute after Tim reluctantly pulled out of the drive-way he was fine and already laughing. 
Myriam was a different child without her siblings around. Poor gal kept asking me, "Mommy, where my Addi go? Addi, where are you? Mommy, where my Charlie go? I want my Addi and my Charlie." I kept hearing this adorable phrase all six days the kids were gone. With no one to push buttons and having no one to pester, the little one was amazingly calm and super sweet. 
Thursday and Friday I helped Cookie Grandma with her overly organized garage sale as Myriam had a play date with Marley and Melinda. I love that I live so close to friends and family and have the option to ask many in the time of need for sitters. With our kids gone and the neighbors gone on vacation, Myriam ruled the roost! Saturday morning brought on an extremely hot nine mile training run and some around the house chores. Part of our To-Do list is checking off items from our foster home inspection list. Besides a few more minor things I believe we are ready for our first home inspection. (There's been a situation that has brought us to the decision of pursuing our foster license and even though it hasn't turned out the way we prayed for, we still feel we should complete the licensing process.) On Sunday, Tim was able to get the pile of stuff needed to be installed put in place which is always nice when more kitchen counter space is revealed! 
Monday Miss Michaela came to play as I recovered the school table chairs in an adorable chevron print that plays along with my teal and orange color theme downstairs. I am so in love with these chairs and hope that some added padding and a cute print will motivate the kids this school year.


Tuesday was a glorious day for me! My brother watched Myriam all day as I bargain hunted, thrift store shopped and enjoyed a relaxing, sunny lunch with my sister friend, Linda. I started with a return to Target and then went across the street to Value Village where I tried on about 15 pairs of jeans BECAUSE I COULD without kids tearing the dressing room apart or hearing pleas to go home. It was a silent experience and I greatly enjoyed it. I managed to walk away with two pairs of jeans for less than $18!!! Next I went to Old Navy to return some dresses and scored the jean sale for Charlie then followed that with a steal from Kohl's spending $42 but saving $137 on these awesome ottoman bean bag chairs for the play room. I was so excited for that purchase! I had strict guidelines to find deals for me, but when I found some long sleeve shirts at super cheap prices I caved and got a few for the kids. Marshall's, Innovations, Little Red Wagon and TjMaxx were a few other places I managed to squeeze in my day.


After a delicious lunch on the beautiful Anthony's patio, I headed to Deal's Only where I found all clothing to be 50% marked down from the already ridiculously cheap prices. Yes, it's dirty in there and most clothes are in a big box, but at prices cheaper than consignment I had to. The other deal I always score from there are my energy beans I use for long training runs. At $.49 a bag I bought a stack full compared to the usual $1.50 per bag elsewhere. After picking up my Boo, we headed straight for the paint store where from there, I painted Charlie's accent wall and taped Addi's room for her ombre' walls. This entire day was a birthday gift to me where I could bargain hunt without complaints, drink coffee to my delight and feel satisfied with the dutch deals I found throughout the day. 
Wednesday morning I started on the taping of the ombre' stripes and got the bottom and top stripe painted and ready for a second coat before having to pick up the kids at the harbor. Myriam was so excited to see her brother and sister as they were excited to see Mommy too! After a few trips to and from the Knot So Fast for all the kids' belongings, we then headed to Nana's as Charlie needed a little Mommy time before going to Portland in support of Auntie getting her special medicine. Thankfully, there was no separation anxiety when I left Charlie at Nana's for the night.




Thursday brought on more painting, removing tape, putting tape back up and getting the third color on the walls. (one more color to go) Addison's room is going to be AWESOME! Literally, the paint says so! Before my hair appointment arrived, I got the swimming pool emptied, cleaned, and filled back up for the girls to play in as we prepare for another hot week. The girls and I had a coffee date at Berthusan Park and hiked almost all the trails in the woods. Myriam nearly ran the entire time as she was picking up walking sticks and trying to keep up with Big Sister. The girls are so sweet to each other! Later in the evening, we got on our bikes and rode to Edalene Dairy for ice cream cones and stopped by GiGi's house to say hi. After a late dinner, we settled down and finally went to bed.


As far as the To-Do list goes, the small things are done, the craft projects almost complete and just a weekend away from Tim getting the other bigger items checked off. Tim flew out on business Tuesday and will be driving back with Charlie and my parents on Saturday so I have one more day to get a few more things done!
But, being today is my birthday, who knows if we decide to play all day or continue on the list. First some laundry, mopping and cleaning the bathrooms. Oh, and to put the seat back on the newly painted and recovered bench/ottoman too!
It never ends!


No comments