She May be Short, but She Packs a Punch!

Last week I said to Tim, "God gave Myriam an extra zeal for life. An intense passion for life!" He replied with an intent and direct, "No, God gave her Attention Deficit Disorder!"
There are days when I simply don't recognize her crazed behavior because I'm surrounded by it all day, every day. The multiple times a day when she stripes to nothing just to let herself air out, usually when it's nap time, is normal and expected. The instant on switch when she wakes up and jumping begins once I get her out of her crib. The meals spread throughout her hair and mass produced all over the floor is normal with every snack and meal consumed. You leave something within reach, the girls gonna get it! And if she can't reach it, she's quick to move furniture around to climb and get that prized item most likely not meant to play with. Doors left open have been left to investigation while lotions, toothpaste, creams, and makeup are half emptied on the bathroom floor. Myriam has been known to wonder outside as well if she thinks something is interesting enough to explore herself which is why the high lock was installed. It's nearly impossible to keep our house clean because she quickly tears everything apart. The child is strong, quick, smart, adorable and can jump for hours if asked too. 
Addison and Charlie love her to pieces, but will get annoyed after a bit of the two year old tactics gone crazy on them. Currently, the young one is chasing the older kids around the house with the light saber taller than herself all the while riding her stick horse! Some adults are even scared of her! I have heard and seen few other children as busy as our firecracker and I'm so thankful she's not a twin! 
But, in all this busy behavior and zest for life comes the sweet side of our "baby." Today, as I was assessing the damage after nap time, (yes, she took her diaper off and was free-styling it on the bottom half) I was met with tight squeezes, kisses, and the need for snuggles. These lovable moments are becoming more and more frequent, but also lasting much longer too. Cheek to cheek she wraps her short chubby arms around my neck and tells me she loves me. Melts my mommy heart every time. Even as she was snuggling with me in bed at the too-early-wee hours of the morning, I was routinely met with kisses, loves, and the all around humor this two year old shares with everyone. 
Myriam is my joy. She makes me laugh just looking at her! The other day I found myself reading through some of the emails, text messages, Facebook comments and journals from the week of Myriam's birth to the day she was born. I was filed with such pride for our daughter and immense love for our given child. There is no doubt she is our child and God has made our hearts full. I am eternally grateful for the exact moment God matched us with our birth parents. The way God took four potential families and one by one, all declined to accept the situation but us. The way we clicked perfectly with our birth parents in the McDonald's booth when we met for the first time and again at the followed doctor's visit. God cleared a pathway for our two families to meet and sent us our energized crazy baby girl that has brought smiles to our faces, gray hairs from the stresses, and fit bodies from all the chasing around.
Yes, she can be exhausting, stressful, send the blood pressure through the roof and make disgusting messes, BUT, she is God's sweet child who designed her to be this exact way because He has an amazing, mild blowing purpose for her life that will change other people's lives. Myriam has been able to fill a room with her presence and zest to live and I pray that others who need a slice of her passion will be able to see it's not just her shining through the smile, but God who gave her this individual personality that is hers alone. 
So, when you see me at church, in public, or just at home and have her in a head lock, please forgive me as I'm trying to control a potential unpleasant situation or simply trying to have a download of life from my two year old. 

2 comments

  1. Oh Myriam :) this will be my Casyn too...she's a spit fire too!! Might need your guidance down the road or get the two crazies :) together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can take turns chasing our lil' chicks around!

    ReplyDelete