Pin-spiration

Last summer we gutted our basement and had a completely blank canvas to start with as we remodeled the what was choppy and wasted spaced basement area. It was a messy project that took all summer long but was well worth the energy, dust, noise, and results. From a one bedroom with painted and nailed shut windows to a two bedroom with three code windows and all fresh paint and flooring to the home school space and my SANITY SPACE...it was exactly as Tim had designed and executed to perfection. We have been able to have my cousin and her now two year old girl Layla live with us and now a single mom and her daughter in the new space. God has blessed us with a larger home and we want to be able to bless others in it...as well as through our creative abilities! In doing the remodel I discovered Pinterest. That's too bad. Oops. Yes, I give myself ten minutes a day to the addiction and because of that these are just a few of what I have been "pin-spired" to create among many other school worksheets and ideas, meals, scrapbook projects, and gifts. Some (my husband) see this new outlook as a dangerous venue for me as it has given me possibly too many ideas and "pin-spirations"!!!

 I simply grabbed a piece of leftover wood from the remodel, painted it orange, placed the different sized stickers in the right order, and then sprayed over with a second color. I then sanded the edges for a slight distressed look. 

 Another piece of wood from my friends wood pile cut to size, sanded, stained with a walnut stain, painted over Cricut cut paper stencils and painted with a black paint pen. Yes, I still need to add pictures to my painted frames. 

 Scrap piece of metal covered with old dictionary pages, framed with a stain walnut trim, and accented with Scrabble pieces. 

 My girlfriend thought of me when she dropped an old headboard off at my place. At first I was going to make a bench but then needed something for a big area on my walls. So I cut the legs off, touched up the paint, and added knobs. I have canvas pictures with ribbon to hang from the knobs. 

 Picked up a free door from craigslist, gutted the inside, added painted peg board, and now have the perfect place to display and organize my scrapbooking embellishments. 

 After tearing out the old windows from the basement I up-cycled all eight windows this one included. Others had chalk board, bulletin board, and mirror as well. Perfect pop of color to my sanity space. 

 A chair for me and a chair for Jackie when we have our long weekends of playing "catch up" for our family scrapbooks. Found the material on Pinterest and the chairs from a garage sale. 

Cardboard letters painted from a strip of paint samples to encourage the kids to READ.

So there you have it...my Pin-spirations. Tomorrow I add some vinyl transfers to my walls as yet another idea found from that addicting, time consuming, mindless activity called Pinterest. 
Go get your craft on!

No comments