All about Dad's

Today we celebrate Father's Day and I can't help but stop and thank the men in my life (Dad and My Honey) for stepping up and being the examples that our children deserve in their lives. 



Thank you Dad for the 32 years of soft, tender, hard-working, fun-loving, risk-taking, full of life parenting you have shown me. Thank you for being you in ALL that you do! Thank you for your service to others and the example that has proven helpful in my life. Most recent, thank you for being the sturdy tree to lean on when Myriam did her monkey business falling and having her cross-our-fingers first and last seizure. Thank you for taking control of the situation when she turned blue and without saying to stay calm, you just managed by your presence alone to keep me calm for my daughters. Thank you for staying in the ER all 3 hours as we waited for the "never seen before" QUIET Myriam to quickly resolve and become herself after meds and 3 popsicles lowered her fever. Thank you for loving me when it may have been hard to love or as I have problems now keeping a straight face in the middle of saying "NO NO!" With all that I am, I praise God for giving me YOU! I thank God for keeping you healthy over the past few years and for giving you a fighting spirit for your own health and those around us. 

{Papa and Myriam waiting for a room in the ER just 2 hours after the scare}

{Popsicle #2 with Addison so patient and concerned for her little sister}

Thank you My Love for being the man that God has dreamed you to be, is molding you to become, and has given you the ability to have fun with the little ones you provide daily as you show them examples of hard work, dedication, and devotion to the Father Himself up above. Thank you for the many memories you have given the kids from the trips to the "little things" you do for them daily. 

{Flying kites to washing and blowing drying Addison's hair}

It has been an absolute honor to be blessed with the opportunity to be your wife and to share the responsibility of parenting our GORGEOUS children. From Mini Me Charlie to our spunky Baby to our Sweetie Pie Addi...you have given me the best gift ever: Blessings, joy, and contentment. I have so enjoyed ALL the ups and downs together and know that God has us tightly bound in bubble wrap as He protects us through the exciting younger years of parenting with our three little blessings. 


You ARE the warm and supportive father to our kids and the extremely HANDSOME man in my life. Thank you for giving our kids the "sturdy tree" like my dad has been for me, in their short lives and I know will be there to lean on in the years to come. Thank you for listening to God's voice and for obeying what He tells you to do in your life which sets the standard for our children. Thank you for encouraging me as a mom, wife, and friend to those around me. Thank you for working SOOOOOOO hard to give your family a secure place to live, yummy food on the table, and the fun moments in between. 

{Happy Daddy's Day 2013}

I praise God for the gifts he gave me when he made my Dad a father and gave My Honey the opportunity to be the Dad he is today. But even more then my earthly father, I am eternally grateful for my Heavenly Father that loves me even on my worst days. 

Happy Father's Day to Dad, My Love, Doug, and John.


No comments