52 Reasons...

It was another normal week for most...
It was an un-nerving week for me.
My Hero had another of those Sit-On-Pins-And-Needles tests as her cancer counts went up yet again resulting in a PET scan and the anxiety filled 24 hours before the doctor reveals the good or the bad. I found myself needing to do something besides become emotional or eat whatever I could that was in the house (some of which I did). So I went into action and did what God has gifted me to do: I went into cheerleader mode and got the ENTIRE family involved!!! 
I find that there are moments in my life where it's too late to say I'm praying for you or to give reason to why I love someone. This past week was one moment that was too BIG to let pass by. 
I may not have facebook but I do have my guilty pleasure of Pinterest. And so the ideas fly, the lists run long, the recipes are tried, and the trends are pinned. 52 Reasons was the perfect way to tell My Hero how much she was loved. 


Now with a family as large as mine, the coordination of getting a note from EVERY family member was a huge task to handle in a weekend BUT... we managed all but one Uncle. The amount of love written on every card was not only encouraging but a reminder of why I hold family so close and dear to me. We may not always see each other weekly or for that matter every year but we share the same passion of loving one another no matter what the last name, wallet, or house size may be. Yes, we have problems. Yes, we have crazy stories of get-togethers. Yes, we all have different lifestyles, jobs, motives, and conservative standards. But we are family. Nothing will ever stop us from calling each other Aunt, Uncle, Cousin, Brother, Sister, or Grandma. God has us connected and bound together to do this one purpose which ALL of you did so PERFECTLY this past week. 



From the youngest to the oldest, we stand behind Our Hero. We stand with her during the most painful and joyful times of this agonizing fight in her life. We stand when she can't. We fight when exhaustion has taken it's worst out of her. We pray when there's nothing else we can do. We rejoice because there is no new cancer!!! (Insert happy tears and happy dances) We cry because the emotions have overcome us. We play because we can. (Lake Chelan) From the sweet pickles and chips and dip on Grandma Haak's table to the Sunday cookies that GiGi always apologizes for to the years of Christmas get-togethers and gift wrap in the big boxes and awkward "I haven't seen you in a year, How Are You?" conversations. 

We. Are. Family. 



There should be no excuse to wait to share a note, word, or hug when it involves family. I am SOOOOO proud to call each and every family member, FAMILY! Thank you for putting a HUGE smile on Our Hero's face and giving her one BIG reason to keep fighting. 



Now to those who don't see your note pictured...let's stay calm and not fight over this. No favoritisms were involved. It's just the first picture in the file. 




No comments