Cupcakes & Cider


Today was a good day. 
The kind of day that allowed Myriam to play hooky from school and do all things Auntie's favorite with Papa and Nana. From hiking at Lake Whatcom to dingy rides in Bellingham Harbor, playing at parks and lunches at the Web Locker... all things that brought joy to Auntie Traci. 
Today would have been my sister's 40th birthday. 
And as crazy as it may be, I wanted to remember and celebrate the day my mother gave birth to the oldest daughter; my big sister. 
A day that no mother will forget. 
So, we did just that. My parents played, the kids sang the birthday song, we ate cupcakes and gathered as family to remember, laugh, catch up and have reason to toast the life we all loved so much. I imagine my sister beaming with pride seeing family join together with reason to party. 
I caught myself smiling randomly throughout the day reminiscing over childhood birthday parties and all things celebratory. My sister was the best when it came to birthdays and honoring people. Gifts for no reason, confetti in cards and every gift having reason or connection to what that person adored. 
She never was without thought or concern for others. 
A gift she gave to all that had the blessing of meeting her. 
Happy 40th birthday sister. 

{ There are decades of memories on the water. }

{ Cupcakes & Cider }

 { Mom & Dad... they celebrated well. }

{ Even our flower girl came to celebrate today! }




No comments