Kisses to Medals


A year ago yesterday, both Tim and I were toes deep in sand as Kim and Anne baptized us in the ocean shores of Kona, Hawaii. It was a marking of a new beginning for both of us as we recommitted to the Lord and each other later that afternoon. 
We shared tears, scriptures, vows and prayers. 
A year later, we continue to share tears, speak scriptures, 
live our vows and say daily prayers together.
God has been very present in the last year as we have opened new doors of opportunities both in business and in our personal lives. Many changes have already been adapted into routines and visions have been organized and implemented. 
God has been so good to us and our family!
So, as the one year anniversary of us saying "I do" (or singing it too) approached, I thought to myself, "Do we do anything special?" "There are already so many dates for Tim to remember, do I make him remember another one too?"
I marked it on the calendar and simply sent up a little prayer of thanks for ALL that has come and gone over the past year. The new friendships, the new windows of opportunities and journeys, the ups and downs of health and accomplishments, mini celebrations and immense blessings in every day. 
Friday night, I was committed by dear sweet friends to run the Fragrance Lake 10k. I was NOT planning on this and have not been training much at all on any trails of this latitude. All I noticed on the website was an evaluation change of 3300 feet. Whether that was for the 1/2 marathon or 10k, it didn't matter as my bum cheeks were already screaming from future torture. Tim had busy plans working in the yard all day,
so off I went to run in the hills. 


A stark contrast from the beach, tan sand, warm sun and ocean water lapping at my toes a year earlier were the due glistened ferns, moss covered trees and rushing water falls as I made my way through the trails above Larrabee State Park. God, in all His splendor, created not only the beauty of the repeating waves, but the stillness of the forest. Christie and I gracefully powered our way up and up...and up some more as we ran through the 6.5 mile course. As we crossed by the waterfall it was God filling our lungs with, "streams of living water" and when we ran passed the Fragrance Lake God held still our hearts so we could take in the beauty around us. 
I may have been a little nervous for allowing others to talk me into running,
but I'm so glad I did. 
From kisses on the beach saying I do's; to steep hills and free falls earning medals...I'm proud to make My Love remember yet another date in our journey together. 
Happy One Year Renewal Love!


No comments