My Model Moment: Here for a few hours then gone in a flash.

I must say...being a model is... FUN! Melissa and I were asked to play around for an evening pretending to be women from the 1940's. I was told to play the villain and Melissa the sweet one. (this may come as a surprise to some but we believe the roles were reversed!) I'm not sure I've taken very many serious pictures, but as my Honey has said, "YOU LOOK MEAN!" I guess that means, job well done?
At first we thought we'd shop Value Village and our grandma's closets for anything remotely close to this era. We came up empty handed which resulted in Cheek's retail store in Lynden providing us each with 4 complete outfits we came to love and envy. One of my stylists that used to work for me when we owned the salon provided 40's hair and make-up from her team at Northwest Hair Design. Mandi and Briana did an amazing job making us mommies feel like a million dollars and took us from sweat pants to hot pants in an instant. I can't say I'd wear red lipstick again in my life but it sure made me aware of everything they touched as my lips were pink for a day after. 
So on to Fairhaven we hot mama's went with our daughters in tow as we played models for the evening. Addison thought it was quite hilarious as she was the one in charge of holding the blanket up between the car doors to prevent hot shots in the parking lots. And sure enough, as we went from one outfit to another and changed from one pair of heels to the next, our inner model-wanna-be person came out with flair! 
Michelle Rainey from R5 Images was wonderful to play around and snap with as she too enjoyed the evening getting what she had wanted to do for awhile. Oh, she got her 1940's fashion shoot...and then some. Even if she never did anything with these photos, Melissa and I gained a memorable experience of playing model for a few hours. With many laughs between outfit changes, mommy stories told, little girls laughing, and feeling gorgeous for the night...it was all an experience well worth the time to prepare. I believe every mommy ought to have her model moment. A moment where the sweat pants vanish, hats tossed out, slow motions played so nothing gets out of place or falsies lost. Heaven's to Betsy we lose an eyelash! 
Now, I must tell you that Cheek's now has access to use any or all photos for
marketing techniques which means future embarrassment may be coming soon to a shopping cart near you.  Winco came at the right time as I will now be shopping Bellingham until someone's face disappears from the bucket that holds the nourishment for my family. I'm just not sure I can shop facing myself...

 { Sweet Melissa & Meanie Pants Steph }


{ Never in my life have I worn such nice clothing or been so concerned about getting them dirty }

 { Thanks to my awesome friend and birthday timing, this dress now resides in my closest }



So there you have it...a brief glimpse into my model moment. And like a true model we rewarded ourselves with greasy, calorie free Bob's burgers at 9:30pm as we somehow forgot to eat dinner. It was well worth it and not a fry left to steal! 

Make sure to check out R5 Images on Facebook!
Also, if you need any clothing or jewelry go to Cheek's on 3rd Street and ask for Laura...she's amazing! One look at you and she'll pull jeans that will fit perfectly and will have you smiling within minutes of wearing them. Tops, dresses, and shoes too!
And any hair needs go to Northwest Hair Design on Front Street: ask for Mandi or Briana! 

2 comments

  1. Yeah!! These are SO awesome. Thinking you should maybe sport the red lipstick more often ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last time I wore "real" lipstick (not just the chapstick kind) was on my wedding day. I'm liking the special occasions only routine I have going!

    ReplyDelete