Fun with the Fuzz

This morning I ran in my second running race, Fun with the Fuzz, which supports the Behind the Badge Foundation!  I carpooled into town with my Brother-In-Law, Matt and friend Melissa. The weather was PERFECT!!!! (meaning the rain waited until well into the afternoon verses during race time.) I was out of my mind thinking I could have kept up with my BIL and only had him in my vision for just a few seconds as he blasted out of the starting line with turbos tied to his feet. I managed to do quite well with some of my best mile times too! 7:53 for my first mile and 8:30 for the next two!  I was really proud of myself but realized I do better talking while running then not. Hearing yourself pant like a tired old dog is far from motivating. Either way, we all crossed the finish line and enjoyed our Starbucks on the way home. Thanks to Aunt Cindy and Sarah for watching the kids while I ran!!! Here are a few pictures from today...

 { BIL Matt and Me Pre-Race }

{ Can you find me? This is pre-race trample as BIL Matt placed me at the front lines of anxious runners }

 { Melissa and Me Post Race }

With this weeks events I thought lots about all those who lost their lives in two different explosions. Let us not forgot to pray for ALL the families involved and continue to encourage, support, and acknowledge the efforts of our local task force that protects us day and night. Thank you Officer Studly for what you do!!!

{ Group Photo with the man who protects us on the streets. It's an honor to run for such a great cause }

No comments