HOT Chocolate RUN

This weekend my dear friend and I ran in the Seattle Hot Chocolate 5k/15k Run!

{anytime, all day long}

We got the boot early from Tim to get out of dodge so we listened and headed south right away. We had a few stops that were necessary such as Osh Kosh, Nike, and Ross. After picking up our pre-race packets and paying $15 for about 30 minutes of 
parking (ouch!), we then found some yummy dinner without bibs, sippy cups, or young 
children fighting about the contents on their plates. 

{Marshall at the Pre-Race registration}

Then came the fun part. THE HOTEL. 

Never will I again stay at this hotel EVER AGAIN!!!!  For the sake of not making you barf I will spare you the picture of what Melissa and I found in the bed between the sheets. The experience began when we paid for underground parking and found that there was no parking available. Next came the blinds that only went half way down so of course we tried to gain privacy by placing pillows and chairs in the right place. We then did a "room check" to see exactly how clean the room was. It was at that moment that we discovered the party in the bed, brown over spray in the toilet along with unkept surfaces in the bathroom. You ask what I did? Of course I died LAUGHING!!!!!!! 

The beauty of this problem came this morning when we opened our blinds in the upgraded clean room...


{A beautiful view of Elliot Bay and the Cascade Mountains}

Of course we didn't see this until after the race since we had to be at the starting line by 5:45am and ready to run at 6:45am. We did have a jump start in a styrofoam  cup...



Now, this was my first all running race and I must say...I LOVED IT!!! I managed to run an average 10:02 minute mile with all the crowds of people through the streets of Seattle. And once you cross the finish line you are rewarded with the sweetness of a chocolate mug filled with yummy goodness inside.

{yummy goodness minus the marshmallow which was too hard to resist...Hot Chocolate, chocolate fondu, a banana, pretzels, cookies, and a piece of chocolate!!!}


These people are serious about their sweets...they even had a marshmallow tree!

{Melissa and Stephanie}

{Serious about our chocolate}

Next race...Bellingham 1/2 Marathon! I sure hope someone has chocolate for me at the end of my next race!

2 comments

  1. Congrats! We've selected your race report to be featured on the Gametiime Blog!

    http://blog.gametiime.com/2014/01/30/races-of-gametiime-hot-chocolate-15k5k-seattle-race-report-collection/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Do I get some free hot chocolate in return?

      Delete