Getting Closer to Making It Final

 { Me, Miss Bee and 'N'...or Tummy Mommy as we refer to her as. Posted with permission. }

On March 21st, Miss Bee became legally free getting us that much closer to her adoption day. Her journey becoming one of us has been a joy; quite uneventful compared to most foster situations. Her Tummy Mommy and I chat regularly and just a couple weeks ago met at Perch and Play for a visit. We have a friendship that to others seems odd or unfamiliar, but she's family now regardless how you look at things. Bee's Tummy Mommy has expressed some heartfelt words with me that I will hold tight and share with Bee when she's older. I've learned so much about who she is and her own childhood which ultimately has bonded us. Her decision for Miss Bee's life is respected and will be kept safe until Bee is able to understand.
It was quite funny actually as we were visiting with 'N' because Myriam had the "ahh hah" moment figuring out that 'N' was Bee's Tummy Mommy. From that point on there were some sweet conversations about the sisters Tummy Mommy's. A link that only these sisters will have. 
I made a book of Miss Bee's first year of life which shows her journey through foster care including some pictures from a few of her visits. This is something similar to what we made for Myriam and it's been a great tool expressing at the age appropriate level how our daughters joined our family. 'N' has a copy herself as well. It's the simple things that make the difference for these kids. 
I will say though, when in line at the grocery store I have been embarrassed far too many times when Myriam will gladly tell anyone she has two Mommies....I quickly follow up by saying me and her Tummy Mommy. "Yeah, this is my real Mommy but I didn't grow in her tummy." 
But then you have the other public conversation like I encountered just yesterday. "Your girls have completely opposite complexions. She has your cheek bones but she must have her Dad's coloring." Really? Myriam has my cheekbones? I actually get that a lot. I simply answered, "Actually, Myriam is adopted and this one is legally free in the process of adoption." There are times I want to take back my words and give a more heart-thought answer and then times when I just want to shut the chat down. 
These are our daughters. Our girls. We have different DNA but these princesses are 100% ours. 
Our family welcomes these new branches into our family tree, both Miss Meranda and 'N' and cherish the connections that explain and give depth into who our girls are.
Our next court review is in May and by the time things are finalized Miss Bee will be in our care for over 500 days. Pray with us as these last few details are sorted through. Pray for N as she prepares for this new chapter in her life and for our family as we grow into an official six pack. 

 { Miss Bee on her birthday. }

{ It is only because she's legally free that I now can show her adorable face! }


No comments