One Handful Five

Five years ago life was simple. Life in our home was detailed with pink, hair bows, and dolls. 




Then came an exhausting pregnancy, minor complications, and a C-section three weeks earlier then scheduled. God had granted us with a son who had the most adorable little ears. (funny how that was what I remember...even if my blood pressure was 30/80) Being Charlie came early he had to be in the nursery for 24 hours before I could even see him which is a mothers worst nightmare post delivery. Family would bring me pictures to show him to me when all I wanted was to just hold my son. It was Heaven in my arms for the 5 minutes I held him before my blood pressure decided I needed to go back to bed. 


In the past five years there has been excitement, tears, guns, swords, fire trucks, trains, curiosity, and LEGOS!!! Charlie has been an absolute blessing to parent and we thank God daily for all of his personality. Charlie, as busy and boy as he is, comes with a soft sensitive side that knows when to just give a hug or share a kiss. He knows when to snuggle or shout out an "I love you!" Charlie adores his sisters and I give fair warning to any man wanting to as much as look their direction before he defends his ground and stands in the middle. 


So in honor of Charlie's passion for LEGOS and love of his friends, we celebrated him with a Star Wars LEGO party! 





I was so proud of our boy when he stood up before opening his presents and thanked everyone for coming to his party. Something I look upon highly is respect and something I pray daily that I'm teaching to my kids. God has enriched our lives immensely by sending us our Chuckles...


And we thank Him for protecting our Big C on his way south out of the back end of a vehicle. Good thing this didn't happen at the party!!! 
We love you Charles Douglas!!!

No comments