It's a Teenagers Life Now


Addison summed it up herself when making this poster for above her locker. 
What I would add to this list is...
Compassionate, caring, always willing to serve others and her family, creative, talented, 
confident, brave and courageous. 
I'm struggling to believe we have a teenager in our home because I know that come tomorrow she'll be driving away to college. We kept the celebrations low-key, per her requests, this year with a trip to DQ for blizzards and a dinner of buttered noodles at her favorite, Olive Garden. If I had my way I'd have balloons, streamers and a massive cake, but that's simply not our daughter. Instead, we sat together early in the morning, on the couch, sipping our coffee as I got mushy with Mom-Talk about reciting how proud I was of our oldest baby. 

Yep, a baby. I still remember our first night together as new parents and driving Addi home from the hospital. She was just small enough to fit in my arms. Now she rummages through my shirts for something new. 
We are eager to see all the many changes that are to come this next year and celebrate with our teenager as she's hit another milestone in life. 
With this new transition to becoming a teenager, Grandma Judy gifted Addi an overnight in her choice location with choice friend as well. Addison quickly made plans to explore all of Fairhaven with her bestie sidekick-neighbor-we call 5th child, Annie. These girls had so much fun as I carted them to and from Fairhaven to downtown Bellingham and eventually taking late night dips in Bellingham Bay with Auntie Missy. Of course there were giggles, too many selfies, sweet treats and 
a bubble bath before bed...why not, right?
Happy 13th Birthday sweet daughter of ours...

 { Pottery, gelato and kisses. }

{ Exploring the Marina, sunset walks to Wood's and BuBbLeS!!! }

No comments