My Monkey's Set Free in the Zoo

 Rather than stay home and study, we took to I-5 and had ourselves a field trip at the Woodland Park Zoo. With Daddy overseas, we all needed a distraction from missing him and the zoo was the perfect place for that. 
The weather had cooled down giving us sunny skies to stroll through all the exhibits. Myriam explored the grounds with Miss Monkey clinging to her back giving her the freedom to check things out on her own. Yes, I got looks, but my kid was not running free and out of control so I had no shame. 
The favorite exhibits were the lizards and snakes along with Mr. Brown Bear who sat himself in front of the glass and stared at his could be entree's. I could watch Brown Bear all day long if the kids would have it!
The lions were napping under the trees out of sight and the hippos were deep in water not to be seen. The tigers and jaguars were also MIA. Miss Social, a.k.a. Myriam, tried coaching a group of old ladies to make a funny face that would encourage the jaguar to come out of hiding. It was quite funny seeing all these oldies scrunching up their faces and saying, "Cheese! Here Kitty Kitty!" 
I may have hid from that scene as well!
At the end of our tour, the kids were allowed to pick out one treat from the gift shop; books, toys and stuffed friends along with the rescue kit to save the stuffed friends from danger. After loading back up and stopping for a quick snack (bottle time), I had four sleeping kids dreaming their way through traffic. 
It was a perfect day with my own little monkey's!

{ Viewing all the bird exhibits. }



{ We had lunch by the penguins. }

{ Touching the California King snake. I kept my distance.}


{ Having fun feeding the birds. }



{ He was more relaxed then what it appears to be. }

{ The lizards were a hit with all the kids. }

{ Mama & her babies checking out the zebras. }

{ True form. A smile with left over lunch. }

No comments