October Recap

The month started with Tim and I recovering from Jet Leg as we adjusted back to life after Cambodia. In my planning for our trip, I forgot about the 12 mile run I committed to days after returning. Thankfully, we had gorgeous weather and the views were spectacular; east and west, oceans and mountains. The four of us ran with the Cascade Mountain Runners which gave us extra peeps to chat with as we climbed to the top and ran back down all to meet at the Acme Diner for milkshakes and snacks. Unfortunately, my tummy was not so accepting of dairy and sugar back home in the states so I watched others as they chowed down on pie and ice cream. 


{ The kids had an awesome time making waves at the Great Wolf Lodge. }

 { Stoney Ridge Farms }

Sadly, this will be the last year we tour the pumpkin patch, visit the farm animals and savor the warm fall treats at Stoney Ridge Farms. After years of business they are closing the doors, but regardless, we have been able to capture some amazing moments at the expense of many others preparing the farm for thousands of kids to explore. Addison invited her friend from Mp3, Kayden, and Charlie sought out for the best pumpkin to carve. Myriam had a moment at the patch, but we were able to work through it after a few embarrassing minutes for Mommy. We ended our time with yummy pumpkin donuts and continued play dates at home. 


And with a couple weeks to go before the GoRuck Light event I have been diligently training for, I went ahead and tore my calf muscle. To get all medical on you, a grade 2 gastrocnemius calf tear. Next to childbirth, this was the most painful thing I have physically experienced. Our family at E2 Fitness Center has gone over and beyond in providing help to our family as I've been unable to do anything besides sit in my chair with my leg up, heated, iced and popping Tylenol when the pain is to much to handle.  Thanks to my family and friends (Mom, Melissa & April are Rock Stars ) meals for our family, fresh flowers from the garden and care packages filled with sweets, treats, wine and things to do all keeping me from going stir-crazy in my recovery, have been graciously delivered. Myriam has had some fantastic play dates with cousins and friends making the TV take less parenting credit. I started physical therapy and have an intense love-hate relationship with Eric as he feels the need to make me sweat, cause my body to shake and curse his name while "massaging" (more like digging, kneading and giving my leg a tap, tap, tap like an attaboy.) in attempts to encourage my muscle to thread itself back together. No cute heeled boots or holiday shoes for me. I traded those in for a fancy boot that should give me some assistance in walking again. 

{ Thankful for NCCTK live stream from home! }

{ Charlie & Brevin at his last football game. }

{ Russell, Poodles & Biker Chick ready for the Harvest Carnival. }

And with that, October wraps up to be a successful month of graded homework assignments, projects completed, dancing in the leaves had and the official start of listening to Christmas music beginning. 



No comments