Throw Back Thursday

There seems to be a trend lately of reminiscing over old photos and memories from long ago. At thirty something, I don't have that long to reminisce from, but I did get some serious laughs from the kids last week when showing them some oldies. "Nice Afro mom!"
Thought I'd share in the fashion and styles of my youth. All I'm asking is to keep your positive remarks to yourself. I have enough of my own!

If you were to describe my childhood in words I think a few that would best suit the era would be...
PERMS, HAND-ME-DOWNS, PLAIDS, OVERALLS and BIG BANGS

The sad part is most of this is back in style? Why folks? Why?
Let's revisit the horror...

{ Fresh permed hair in 1st grade to grown out, 3rd grade, pre-brace face pose in what appears to be a shoulder padded over-sized sweater. }

I'm very grateful to my Mother who spent endless hours at her sewing machine designing ruffles, lace and perfectly positioned buttons for my sister and I to wear. With fabric costs being so high, I'm deeply saddened that I can't pass this honor to my girls. I think Addi and Myriam would rock the ruffled sleeves! And what's up with the child mullet? Here I was worried about Myriam's personalized self cut looking too much like a back party. I have it going on!


{ As you can see, I still have the touch with glasses nearly 
covering all but my chin. }

 { Taking back family style. Yeah Mom! }

 { Overalls add about 20 lbs. Why are they coming back?? }


{ Our first official date. Kids. }



No comments