A Bunch of Random

Sorry I haven't had much to say here for awhile. No good or bad reason. Just a busy mama keeping up with chores, breaking up sibling arguments and keeping the peace elsewhere. Here's a bit of random for you...
Tim and I had a great date night last week as he strapped me to his bike and took me to Everson for dinner with our friends. I'm learning to risk my life on two wheels and Tim is adjusting to the feeling of nails piercing his side as I white-knuckle-grip him during high speeds. We closed the night out with delicious chocolate dessert at The Bistro 9. 
The funny part of the date came before and after we left. You see, recently we did some furniture shuffling which left us with one couch to sell and our original set we bought while engaged to gift away. There was no better couple to bless then "Guy" and Laura who are getting hitched the first of August! In return, they offered to babysit for us. 
"Guy," better known as Mac, is Myriam's favorite. As I was feeding Myriam her dinner, she was explaining to me the activities her and Guy would be doing before bed. This is when I was informed she was going to jump with butterflies who all had 200 wings and that Guy has a long tail. 
Say what??? Yep. You can guess what she meant. ( Potty parts have been discovered and learning what's appropriate is being taught. )
You never know what truths this young blood will tell ya'!
Later when we were checking on the kids we noticed this young couple needs a little more practice in the diapering area...yep, Myriam's was on BACKWARDS! 
Addison completed her four days of MSP testing at school. She's like me and gets test anxiety so I was so proud of her to do so well during the tests. Charlie had a test but we were able to do it from home. 
Both kids still keep busy Wednesday mornings with the Tribune paper route. They hate it, but I still make them do their one hour a week worths of work! Lucky I drive them around...back when I was a kid, I had all the papers in the bag, around my neck and on a bike going up and down many hills. Bellingham is not as flat as Lynden so you can only imagine what Tweed Twenty was like for a young kid delivering papers! BRUTAL!
We no longer have any tractors, mud pits or broken driveway. It's now beautiful green grass, crisp flower beds with fresh bark and a convenient drive thru making it easier to come and go from our place. It's about S'moresma time as the weather is making more sunny appearances and the kids are anxious to get the tins out for our sweet treats. 
The buzz of the neighborhood is from the kids getting into the swing of spring! From bikes to scooters, basketball games and trampoline fun. The tree forts are built and talk of lemonade stands have begun. We love our neighbors!!!
Tim has been extremely busy with work travel as he's just back from The Arbor Day Foundation in Nebraska. He also made a Realtime siting in California as the group prepares for their ten year reunion show at International. 
I've been fighting those darn allergies, but after the rain showers I finally feel some relief! This past weekend I was able to go trail running at Lake Padden and highly recommend going for a hike in the gorgeous local mountains we have in the area. 
Nothing else is really worthy of chatting about. Of course I could keep going but that's a bit boring for you. Maybe I should get to the piles of laundry and scrubbing some toilets? I'll think about it... Thanks to the plugged city sewer drains on Double Ditch, we had splashes of water bubbling high out of the toilets this morning. Lovely. 
Well, there's a bunch of random for ya'. 

No comments