A Dirty Date...

I'm not exactly sure how I managed to talk My Love into this muddy date BUT, I did!!!
This past weekend, we were invited to participate in the Mud Run with our friends as you "run" a 5k course with the one task of being upright on two feet. After days of heavy rain, the BMX bike track was saturated in soggy, puddled-up mud and slippery grass with areas of pond-like puddles as well. Tim was thrilled. (insert sarcasm)
There were race bibs, you did sign a waiver and yes, there was a small group of other crazy people like ourselves that were eager to attempt this course. 
This was an official race!
The first lap, my girlfriend Christie laughed the entire time as Tim muttered happy thoughts which only made it harder to focus on staying vertical. I've never laughed so much during a race! Our shoes were seriously being pulled off as they got stuck in the thick mud then rinsed off as you splashed through deep puddles. The best way to explain my new running stance is arms out like you're walking a balance beam with occasional full arm waving to catch your balance once again. I can't tell you how many times I almost went done and watched others do the same. Addison was there to cheer Mommy and Daddy on as we charged through the bike course. 
In the end, all of us stayed pretty clean in relation to how sloppy the conditions were. Don't look too close at my toenails because I may still have 
leftover mud under a nail or too! 
Now, will My Love ever join me again on this sacrificial day date? Probably not. But, just as me strapping on a motorcycle helmet meets his love language, so does running behind me stomping through the mud.

 { Josh, Cole, Kyle, Christie & the lovely couple pre-race. }

{ The gal in blue mid-fall as she went down! }

{ Almost a mud facial but I managed to recover. }

{ He looks so excited. }

{ Not that dirty? }

Next months "Mud Run" date is February 21st: start time is at noon…
who wants to join me?
Cost is $10 cash...

No comments