Pleasant Interruptions



Fifteen years ago, Tim and I drove to Portland, OR to pick up furniture and move him back home. At this point we had established a great friendship and had reached that awkward moment of falling for your best friend but not sure how to say it! You know what I'm talking about! 
It was the night before we left for home that I shared my feelings for Tim and got NOTHING back in response…yes, very awkward moment. And that moment continued all 5 hours back home! That was terribly hard for me.
When we finally reached my apartment in Shoreline, I had one request as Tim needed to go upstairs and ask my 3 roommates a question. "When you go upstairs, can you please grab a tampon? Haha. We had obviously reached a level of comfort in our friendship. It was with the roommates approval, my verbal vomit of stating my feelings the night before and Tim's desires that he drove me to Everett beach, near the train tracks, and asked me to be his girlfriend. Shortly after I said yes to his request, we had a train-wreck of a first kiss that we today still laugh about!
Fast-track ahead. This afternoon, I texted My Love to remind him of that moment. I then headed to get a massage in attempts to work the knots, aches and pains out of my back before the 1/2 marathon this weekend. It was half way through the massage that Jessica and I heard a phone ring, some guy talking, then a KNOCK on the door where a very important massage was talking place! When Jessica opened the door, we both saw Tim standing there with a coffee in hand ready to bless me with a latte. It might not have been the perfect timing, but the effort to track me down and make sure it truly was me behind the closed door was perfect! Tim's favorite part of the gift was catching a glimpse of my bare back…bahaha! We got the spark.
Marriage has it's pleasant surprises and we've experienced many of them. The best part of saying, "YES!" 15 years ago, is that we've been able to perfect that kiss everyday after!

No comments