That's A Wrap: 2017 Top Ten

In attempts to close up the year 2017, my first thought is to shut the door and not look back. 
It's been rough. 
But, as all emails are signed and I encourage myself to find these daily, come the blessings that have become the backbone to the year holding many of us upright. 
Tim brought to my attention some of the highlights from the year, which for many would knock them over and never want to hit replay again. I know how we're still standing,
but honestly, the year it's been should have destroyed us. 
It is solely by faith and our Abba Daddy Himself that has protected us under His wings, given rest when needed, held us up at the right moments, and given us nourishment before our bodies gave out, that we are here as a family at the end of 2017. 
For that, I am thankful and beyond blessed to be wrapping up this year with smiles,
tears and anticipation for the year to come. 
As I reflect over the past 365 days, I see the good; I see the bad. I remember the wins and the massive fails. The bright spots that kept me going to the next day. And even the non-important things that stood out too.
To all those who have been the crutch under my arm when I had no strength to move; thank you. For the prayers spoken when none of us had any voice to speak; thank you. To those who made us laugh, cleaned our house, watched our babies and picked up the pieces; thank you.
It took a village this year to get to the end. 
Here are a few of the top ten favorites; good & bad, along with memories from 2017. 

Top Ten Words That Best Describe 2017:
1. Joy
2. Goodness
3. Monumental
4. Grief
5. Challenged
6. Astonishment
7. Disappointment
8. Bi-Polar Emotions
9. Refreshment
10. Stillness

Top Ten Kids' Memories:
1. Charlie's basketball team experiences; 3 on 3, LYS, Gritworks
2. Myriam learning how to ride a bike
3. Addi started wearing make-up
4. Baylee learning all her ABC's and numbers
5. Disneyland trip with Addi & Daddy
6. Addi started attending Ebenezer leaving no kids to homeschool for Mommy
7. Auntie dying
8. Charlie got his first gun
9. Addi got a car. Thanks Auntie. 
10. Disney Cruise & hotel swimming pools

Top Ten Dad & Mom Memories:
1. Costa Rica 
2. Breaking my toe so severely which forced me to defer my big canyon race
3. Air Force One tour
4. Small group & Bible Study friendships
5. Restructuring of our Elements family
6. Cambodia trip with Tim's Dad
7. Listening to Francis Chan
8. Summer motorcycle trip with the guys
9. KOA Camping trip with our family
10. Being present to walk my sister Home to Glory; an extremely bittersweet moment

Top Ten Pinterest Success & Fails:
1. Bailey's Chocolate Mousse - Win HERE
2. Sausage & Pepper Spaghetti Squash Casserole - Fail HERE
3. Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup - Win HERE
4. Hinds Feet on High Places - Best Read Ever; Win HERE
5. Easy Cinnamon Rolls - First time ever baking these & it was a Win! HERE
6. Skinny Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins - Kid Win HERE
7. Sweet Potato Turkey Soup - Jury's still out on this one. HERE
8. My Little Pony Cupcake Cake - Good Attempt
9. Philly Cheese Steak Sliders - Win HERE
10. Christmas Potpourri Printable Gift Tags - Teacher Win HERE

Top Ten Blog Posts:
1. The Last Time I Held Her Hand - with 2552 hits HERE
2. Her Words; Her Story HERE
3. 150 Times of Intentional Asking HERE
4. She's Finally Ours HERE
5. The Realities of Grief HERE
6. Tissues on the Dragon Boat HERE
7. 4 Gals, 3 Floaties, & A Few Pina Colada's HERE
8. These Four Words HERE
9. Sweet Hour of Prayer HERE
10. My Tribute: Daughter, Sister, Friend HERE

Happy New Year's Eve.
I welcome you, 2018, with great excitement.

No comments