Home Tweet Home

Being a parent stretches and challenges you to go places or do things you normally may not try...
All for the sake of your child.
Allowing a bird in my living room is doing just that. 
I'm not a bird person. Not really a pet person. But I do understand the joy a pet brings to a kid.
Addison is over the moon thrilled to be a bird owner. 
It took many trips to Bellingham to search for the perfect cage, toys and locate a hand fed-tamed baby parakeet. We finally found what Addi wanted at Hohl Feed & Seed. It was there we found the sweetest bird lady who was raising seven week old parakeets. We brought the cage in a couple days later for Addison's chosen parakeet to adjust to his new home. Janice was great giving pointers to Addi about how to be a bird owner and what's best for her bird. She's been raising birds for thirty years. I'll take her word over mine. 

Introducing Elvis.

{ Picking out her tweety bird. }

{ Sweet bird lady saying goodbye to Elvis. }

Addison has been building a relationship with this winged friend and doing a good job of learning how to care for Elvis. I have seed all over my floor as someone thinks he's Spideyman and making attempts to bust out of his cage as he flings seed every direction. Addi will have to work on Elvis's cleanliness or I need to work on having a bird in my space. Either way, she is loving her new pet and getting more comfortable with a tweety bird on her shoulder. 

{ Welcome to the family Elvis. }


No comments