Funnies...

Too often, Tim and I remind ourselves to write these things down, 
but seldom get to it. 
The raw humor of Myriam has us laughing, sharing with family and wishing we had Go Pro cameras on to capture her personality in action. 
Last week Monday as I went to sign out Addison from school, Myriam called Barkley Regal Cinemas from my phone, asking about movie options. Myriam with a puzzled and upset voice said,
"Addi, Tangled isn't in the movie theater anymore! Is Jungle Book in theaters?" That's when Addison heard another voice say. "No, Jungle Book is not in theaters anymore, but I can tell you what movies are."
How she managed to call anyone is still in question as my phone, for this very reason, is password protected! 
When Tim tucks Myriam into bed, he will often ask if Myriam wants to pray. One of her prayers went as such...
"Thank you for my head. Thank you for my hair. Thank you for my eyes. Thank you for my mouth. Thank you for my lady bits. Thank you for my legs." 
Yes, she prayed for her potty parts. 
There are too many times keeping a straight face is simply impossible!
Sunday night we had some family over and she choose to pray over our meal.
"...we thank you for our planet. We thank you for our bones so we have legs to stand on."
Can't make this stuff up folks. Myriam sees everything needing prayer and thanksgiving! Her prayers start at the top of her head and work down to her toes often including the planet and everything in it too. 


{ She got herself ready for the day. } 

This girl also has endless imagination and creative play from dressing up to making finger families when bored in her car seat. Often I'll hear her yelling, "Mommy NO!" Which usually follows some disciplinary action or heart to heart talk but none of it is directed to me. Myriam will quickly tell me it's not me but her kids she's talking to. She also loves to pretend whether it's being a baby, dog, Ninja Turtle or some super hero who saves the day. 
Or how about some of these one liners...
"Do you like my narbles?" She'll eventually say marbles the right way, but for now it's too cute to correct. 
"Mommy, do you even neckonize me?"
"Addi, we should do some dogotions. (devotions)"
"Mommy, I need you to find my pixie dust so I can fly to find my Peter Pan. I'm going to marry him." And nothing like an honest child when coming to the rescue of a sibling argument. "You were lying. You were telling sins. God needs to save you."

{ How can you not smile when shown so much sass and attitude? }

Or how about the comfort of a little sister when you're feeling upset, "Oh, darling, it's going to be okay." With her coco brown eyes that pierce deep into your heart, how can you not feel better after that?!
And what better way to part with the funnies then leaving you with one of her best one liners yet...
After blasting the car with a massive fart, 
Myriam proudly claimed her own and said, 
"Smell my victory."


{ One of the hundreds of selfies she takes of herself. }

So, much like ending her prayers, we say...
"And Jesus' name is, 
Amen."

No comments