Thankful & Blessed

Today I reflect on the over abundant blessings in my life. God has been so good to me and I'm simply thankful.

A warm bed to rest my tired head.
A safe home to lay in ease as my family recharges for the day to come. 
Warm coffee.
The furnace that keeps the chill out of the air. 
A body that is in commitment to get me from point A to point B. 
Cells that produce healthy blood flowing through my veins.
Clothing; whether I see it as old or in style with today's fashions.
Manners that say please and thank you.
A safe vehicle.
Taste buds that enjoy a delicious meal.
Seasons of change.
Twinkly lights that sparkle.
Lotion to meet the needs of cracked skin in the dry weather.
Medicine.
Doctors with the knowledge to treat illness.
Physical therapy; like it or not.
Friendships.
Laughter until I pee my pants (TMI?).
Mountains that get me running.
A good pair of shoes; running or for fashion.
A snickers bar.
International family.
Cambodia.
Clean water; for showering or drinking.
My wash machine.
Awesome drying racks (Thanks IKEA).
Church family.
Honey snuggles on the couch.
Dutch Bakery buns.
Ice covered crisp leaves.
Air fresheners.
 Jobs that are enjoyed.
Creative bones to create.
The ability to make a choice. 
Right vs. wrong
Vacuum cleaners and dusters.
Worship music.
Stretchy pants for after a big meal. 

The list could go on for pages, but ultimately, I'm thankful for what is close to me most:
My family.
Our time on earth is short compared to the time we spend next to God in Heaven for eternity. 
I think of Grandpa Van Dyken and the memories that have stayed close to me all twelve years in his absence. Watching Mr. Bean with the kids, I chuckle thinking of Grandpa Haak hysterically laughing and crying with every contorted face he makes. There are great relatives, friends and young kids who all made an impact in my life that I am thankful for. 
Life can be gone in an instant and today, I'm holding those closest to me a little tighter in gratitude for what I currently have in my life. My family brings me joy, contentment and much laughter. 
I am overwhelmed with thanks today.
Jesus, we offer our lives to you in thankfulness for what you graciously gave to us. 

Happy Thanksgiving. 


No comments