The Gift of a Multi-Tasking Mother


Mother's Day morning I woke up to poppy eggs in bed with steaming hot coffee served by My Love and our Little Blessing's. As I sat in bed awkwardly eating my breakfast with all eyes on me, I was showered with reasons why I was special and dearly loved. There were a few pauses and thoughtful moments, but I'm going to say the silence was due to it being early that not many reasons were shared!
There are moments where I don't deserve the doting on as I snap or need to fall to my knees in forgiveness for my impatience. My role as a mom has morphed into teacher over the years and I'm blessed to have kids that offer me grace daily when trying to teach hard topics with a toddler dancing around. I'm forever grateful to be Mom to these kids!
Either way, I felt loved. Of course there came the cherished handmade gifts and attempts at a peaceful day but in the end, the day was perfect. A mid-afternoon run left me sweaty and we topped it with a sweet S'moresma as the sun set to the west.


 { Brothers. }

We spent the late morning at Gigi's enjoying an impromptu brunch with Aunt's and Uncle's. It's entertaining as the 1st cousins are now chasing the 2nd cousins in the back yard. We were missing a few, but the group has grown over the years. Gigi still has the same LEGOS my dad played with as a child for our kids to be creative with as the wood cars and John Deere's rolled around outside. The four brothers have evolved over the years too with less of more gray hair and bellies full of wisdom. And as always, more stories of these curious four come out with smirks and grins oozing with guilt.
Gigi is an amazing mother. She is a survivor, a do-it-yourself-er, strong in personality and strength and rarely gives in to whatever it is she's facing. I am blessed that God has given her so many years to inspire me, challenge me and to give our kids numerous memories of their Great Grandma.

 { Myriam was experiencing a bit of an overly tired, sensory meltdown during an attempt at pictures with 2nd cousins and Gigi. }

Thank you to all the Mom's in my life who have shaped the way I parent and love our kiddos. My Mother is a saint and I have been immensely blessed to watch her navigate extreme challenges both in health and at home that have inspired me to be greater. Thank you to all the mom's around me who have taught me to be a better wife, mother and friend displaying Jesus to our kids and those in our circles. Happy Mother's Day!



No comments