Hard Times Brings Bright Promises


Everyone has a hard day here or there. 
Today for me was not one of them, but for our Charlie it was a long day. First was a visit to the dentist where one cavity turned into three. Then the time came this evening for Sandy to move to a different home. Sandy (the resident bunny) has been with us for a few years and has now been relocated to a local farm with other furry friends. Addison shed no tears or second thoughts about this decision. Charlie...well...the first time we talked about it he cried. The second I stopped talking about it because he was so upset and yesterday, when I posted Sandy to craigslist, he sobbed huge crocodile tears onto his school work. Poor child struggled with this change, but he took it like a pro when the gentleman from church came to rescue our bunny. (Take good care of the bunny Doug & Shirley!) 
Change is hard. Sometimes unexpected and potentially could be messy. Charlie experienced a few challenges today and I'm proud of how he overcame the pain and the heartache as best he could for a little boy his age. Now to attempt a new one...eye drops. Here we go to the next hurdle. 

Often times, hard days are met with adult decisions, bigger pain and life changing twists. This afternoon I drove my Grandma home after she had a port surgically placed to decrease the pokes during the chemotherapy treatments. Grandma has done quite well with the curve ball she had thrown at her. Later in the afternoon, as I was praying over a woman on the phone, I begged God to extend a spirit of calm and peace as she faces terrifying moments.
From diagnoses to paper cuts...the hurdle is just taller for some.
But, what a relief we have in our salvation knowing that our Crown of Life will be waiting for us on the other side. We battle differently, we fight in opposite ways; our eternity and reward is the same.
Life is easier with Truth in my life!
I'm so thankful for James 1:12!







No comments