For The Sisters...

It's no secret who my running inspiration is: My Hero. 
My sister Traci has ran a race for 7 and a half years full of treatments, needles, surgeries and many up's and down's with tumor markers. It's been exhausting and stressful to say the least BUT, 
God is STILL SOOOOOO good to us! 
Never has He left My Hero's side or our family standing strong behind her when she's too weak to pick herself up. 
Taking each step towards the finish line is all for my sister…
Last month my sister-friend told me, with a heavy heart, that her sister too, had recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. There is no stopping this beast that has stolen too many lives and lost hope for many futures. My heart broke for Lorna's battle she now has to fight.
I pray Lorna feels the support, the many prayers and fight from her friends to keep her chin up as she faces many fears with this disease. 
The depression looms. The fear of the unknowns can rob your every thought and place doubt for tomorrow as breast cancer can be unpredictable. It's a scary thing. 
I was honored to run for both the sister's today. Traci and Lorna are amazing Godly women who put their faith in The One that can heal and wipe every tear from their eyes. I have so much respect for the torture they have to go through in order to fight cancer. They are brave, strong and able to stand against anything that comes their way. 
Cancer will NOT tear them down. It can NOT take their faith away. 
They will never be alone in the battle because they have more than family standing behind them ready to catch. There is an army of prayer warriors on their side! Today I was honored to fight and run for these two beautiful women. 
We love you Lorna and Traci!

{ the sisters }

{ Carb loading the night before. I never turn down the opportunity. }

{ Ready to go with bib numbers and treat bags. }
Check out www.northcountyroadrun.com for more race information.


{ It gets crazy out there past mile 13 }

  Mom & Gwen walked and ran a little of the 10k together. Never met, but had plenty of time to get to know each other!
Both being nurses, they had much in common too.
I'm SOOOOO proud of my Mom who completed the course with a 1:23 chip time!
Go Mom!

 { Addison & Annie walked with Tim on the 5k course. }

 { I beat my last year's 1/2 marathon time by 6 minutes. We were all pleased to finish. }

{ Post-race treats }

{ My Mommy Runs for my ROCK STAR Auntie! }

Lorna & Traci: Never for a second think you are alone. Know you are loved by many!





No comments