A Family Affair…and CeLeBrAtIoN!!!!

Recently, my parents treated us adult kids and families, to a long weekend at Bridal Falls in Canada where the skies opened up and DUMPED on us! Despite the inches of rain, we had a great time being forced to stop as we played endless games, enjoyed ourselves on the watersides and camped under my brothers redneck green tarp to stay dry. I love our yearly trips with my family! 
It started before I was in high school as my family celebrated my dad's end to chemotherapy treatments from his colon cancer with a tropical trip to Hawaii. We celebrated once again when he reached his 5 year remission marker after I graduated. The tradition continued when both Dad and Traci completed their side by side radiation and chemotherapy treatments, but this time, we had two kids to add to the mix. Since then, every year we've gone on a family trip where we make many memories and the kids get quality family time. 
Before we left for camping, My Hero had received news that her tumor markers had gone down…
20 points!!!!  That has been unheard of during this entire 7 year journey!!!
And then again yesterday, Traci got reports back again that her tumor markers had again dropped by nearly 7 points!!!
God has been SOOOOOOOOO good to us. There is no denying that truth and God's Hand in this matter. It has been too long of a journey, but we know that God has a purpose and a plan in all of the ups and downs. For now, we celebrate the amazing results and pray that they continue to gain strength in Traci's body as the cancer better be scared…it's cancer butt kicking time!
Thank you to the many who have never stopped praying for My Hero!

 { Selfie with the ladies besides Lindsay and Ashlyn. }

 { My Hero's biggest supporter and cheerleader. }

No comments