10 Things That Are Happening Right Now

It's been awhile since I've had a family update with randoms and casuals from our daily lives. I've been challenging myself to take a picture everyday for a year in "the broersma 365," which is a great way to remind ourselves of the happenings through pictures. But, sometimes, that too misses the big and little landmarks we as a family have encountered lately. To get you caught up, here are 10 things that are happening right now in our home. 

1. All Comer's Track Meet at Civic field sparked my interest and we registered the kids for a few Monday nights this summer. I did this as a child and probably still have blue ribbons tucked away somewhere from the shot put, hurdles, long jump and high jump. It's a great way to have family fun and  challenge the kids in something they've never done before.

2. Potty training has begun and I promised myself that the box of diapers I bought at Costco this week would be the last, if not second to last box purchased.

3. Since Melissa and Mickey moved out, the kids have been busy planning their move downstairs with Daddy making sketches and plans of these elaborate big kid rooms. Everything is subject to Mommy approval prior… And good behavior, chores done and maybe a few back rubs too. 

4. I've been dealing with some wrist pain from a combination of working, having over-worked muscles and pushing myself too much. Honestly, it's quite frustrating when you've worked for years with no problems and use your hand, arms, shoulders with every little thing daily from washing dishes, picking up toys, folding laundry, cutting hair and when I do wear my brace, even wiping yourself. I was seeing a hand therapist in Bellingham, but got the creepers so, I asked our good friend up north to assist in my pain management. His plan was to not wash dishes for 6 months (insert sarcasm) and not cut hair until the issue has been fixed. I've since been cutting back the hours I work from home in my salon (reluctantly) and try to wear my wrist/thumb brace as much as I can. I've also had some severe shoulder pain, but have found massage to help in that pain relief. 

5. Tim has been busy traveling for work building business relationships and negotiating more projects. He moved the sales office into The Dutch Village Mall as they ran out of space in the Lynden Floor office areas. Addi has been in charge of feeding the fish and thankfully we haven't had any floaters…yet. One of the trips Tim took was to the Arbor Day Foundation in Nebraska where I now have some new running friends!

6. I'm currently training for 2 races: The North County Road Run 25k (that's 15 miles folks) in August and a 10K race in Nebraska, in September, with the Arbor Day running gals (this will make the 3rd state race in my goal towards all 50 states by the age of 50).

7. I've been gathering curriculum for next years school year as Addison moves into 4th grade and Charlie into 1st grade. It will be the first year they attend on campus classes with Meridian Parent Partnership Program on Mondays and Wednesdays. Organizing both kids' student lesson plans is time consuming, mind engaging and exhausting as both Tim and I want to push both kids, want the best for them and provide them with a challenging enough program here at home. Feels good to be organized and ready for the fall!

8. Addison and Charlie are signed up for swim lessons again this summer with Shannon Vogt and Charlie will be participating in a basketball camp through YMCA as well. I love that the kids are showing more interest in outside activities, but also thankful they each have their own personalities and strengths.

9. I love summer and all the beauty that comes with the hot weather. Charlie and I went in search of a swimming pool big enough for all three kids and found a great deal at Kmart…Tim's more concerned about the dead grass it will create. My hydrangeas are in bloom which are my absolute favorite! Because of Tim's busy schedule, we've had a few guys come and mow for us. I miss seeing and hearing Tim play his air drums as he used to mow and sing, but do find it nice to come home and find the yard done. I've been tending to the flower beds which I find relaxing and satisfying when completed. 

10. I'm repainting a bench and have too many different ideas thanks to Pinterest. Need to find fabric first as the seat needs to be recovered, then figure out where to put the bench or keep it in the same place and then finally paint according to fabric color. I've been in search of some old barn wood to complete a few more craft projects as I find that to be cheap therapy and thoroughly enjoy being creative. 

No comments